We will be using the blackboard for all the zoom information-links, and the lecture video links.
- Brian McDonald
- E-mail: bmcdon11 at u. rochester dot edu
- Lectures: MW 14:00-15:15 in Gavett Hall Room 202
- Office Hours: TBD (the zoom IDs are on blackboard)
- Cheng Zhang
- E-mail: czhang77 at ur.rochester dot edu
- Lectures: MW 10:25-11:40 in Harkness Room 115
- Office Hours: Tue 5-6pm, Wed 5-6pm (the zoom IDs are on blackboard)
Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (8th edition) by Kenneth H. Rosen (Note you are welcome to use the 7th edition as well)
We will cover much of chapters 1-6, 8, 10 of the text. Among the topics we will study are set theory, formal logic, algorithms and their complexity, elementary number theory, induction, counting, recurrence relations, and graph theory. See course schedule for details.
TA office hours
In addition to instructor office hours, our TAs will also hold office hours where you can ask any questions related to the course material. Office hours can be especially useful if you take the initiative by identifying topics that are giving you trouble and formulate some questions based on this beforehand.
Zoom IDs will be posted on Blackboard.
|Ho Vuong||Wed 5-6pm||vho7 at u dot rochester dot edu|
|Jin Bowen||Mon 5-6pm||bjin6 at u dot rochester dot edu|
|Liu Sichen||Wed 1-2pm||sliu97 at u dot rochester dot edu|
|Liu Pinxin||Mon 8-9pm||pliu23 at u dot rochester dot edu|